Well this week has been good so far. I had my Math exam yesterday, and my English exam today. Math was a little frustrating, mostly because it was in Finnish. I had an easier version of the test, a version that didn't have all the word problems. But it did have one word problem, and I did not understand it at all. Then English was pretty good today. It was mainly reading comprehension... So I had to really think. Tomorrow I don't have any classes or exams, but I have to go to school anyway to meet with the other students that are going to the Finnish Youth Parliament this weekend. We are going to prepare for our topics.
So, I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but it is getting so cold here! Yesterday morning it was around 35 degrees Fahrenheit. When I came out of school at 2:00, it was hailing slightly. Today I wore heavier clothing, because I knew it would be cold. I left early this morning to walk with Saara, my little host sister, to her school. Then I stopped by the book store and went to a café for a little while before my exam started. I love that there are actual places I can go to. Like back home the only place I could really walk to was a gas station...
Last evening after mostly everyone was home, I played this word game with my host family. You have a card with a noun on it, then you have to describe it to your partner and your partner has to guess it. My host mom, Marjo, described the words to me in Finnish, to Veera in Swedish (she was studying for a Swedish test), and to Saara in English since she is learning English. It was fun though, and actually helped me with Finnish! It is cool that Finland has two official languages. I guess the U.S. kind of does, like English and Spanish... But at the same time that isn't really true. Anyway. It is interesting to see all the Finnish products in Finnish and Swedish. So I know a few words in Swedish, just because I see them all the time!
Well.
Nähdään!
0 comments:
Post a Comment