Monday, October 12, 2009

Dancing and the First Sight of Snow

Well. A good amount has happened lately actually! I must mention first, that this might be the last blog that I will write for a little while, because next week is Syysloma, or Fall Break. I am going with my family to the Canary Islands! I am so excited. It will be nice to be somewhere that is warm! Speaking of weather... I was sitting in my room today and I looked out my window and I saw that it was snowing! Not like a blizzard or anything, but it was lightly snowing. I think the temperature is about thirty-five degrees fahrenheit today. I was so excited though! I love the snow. Only bad thing is, is that in an hour from now I have to walk to my Finnish lessons in this cold weather!

School has been really good lately. I like the classes that I have. I am taking this dance course (I think I might have mentioned this before) to learn the traditional dances for the ball in February. The dances are fun, and actually a little hard to learn considering that I have never formally danced before. Haha. But I am really looking forward to the ball in February. I just have to find a dance partner first. There are literally a shortage of guys in Finland...

Also in February, I will be attending a national session of the European Youth Parliament! I just found out today. The delegation I am in from my school got chosen to go to nationals! That is really amazing.

Wow. Maybe not as much is going on as I thought previously... Haha. Well I got accepted into college! University of Pittsburgh. But I think do not think I want to go there. I am going to apply to the college I really want to go to, and that is the American University. And at least if I do not get accepted at AU, I still have Pitt to fall back on!

Ahh.
Syysloma on kohta!!
Fall Break is soon!!

:D

1 comments:

Megan,  October 13, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

That sounds awesome! Congratulations on making it to nationals! It must be pretty cool to make it to nationals in a country other than the one you are from, lol!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP