Thursday, July 16, 2009

Viisitoista Päivää (Fifteen Days)!

Crazy as it may sound I am leaving for Finland in fifteen days! Still, I don't think it has sunk in... It'll hit me a week or so after I am actually in Finland ;). I am fully in preparation mode though. I have all of my luggage (and actually started to pack a little). I wanted to pack everything, but I had to stop myself! Haha. I have all of my host family gifts and a bunch of pins (for trading) to take with me. I can't believe how much stuff I have accumulated to bring with me. For my host families I am bringing mini photo albums of my photography, USA flags, Florida brochures, my rotary club's flags, and peanut butter (which I heard they do not have in Finland). I think I am also getting Pennsylvania book marks, key chains, and pins from Scott Hutcheson... so that will be really nice to take too!

Here's a picture of my first host parents, Marjo and Ari, that I got a while ago (I'm not sure where they are...it's not in my host city I don't think). Also, in my first host family I have two younger host sisters, Veera (13) and Saara (7), and a younger host brother, Aake (11). I hope I got their ages correct! I am really excited to have "siblings" :)

Oh, and sorry to change the topic, but I haven't got my visa yet! I mean everything is in order so that I have my visa technically...but not physically...if that makes sense. My visa is still in Finland I believe, and it's all ready to go...they just haven't sent it back yet. I think they may have my passport too. :/ My mom talked to the travel agency and they said that Finland likes to wait until the last minute to send these things back. Do they know I'm inpatient? I haven't got my exact flight information either. Buttt I did hear what the flight route will be. From what I hear I will be flying out of Pitt to Detroit...then from Detroit to Amsterdam...and then to Helsinki. Sounds exciting!!!

Also... Tomorrow I am having one of my final fundraisers: a yard sale. Woo! I think that it's a good idea...other than the fact that I have to get up at 6 o'clock in the morning to set things up. I am also selling hoagies as one of my last fundraisers. I have to say, it will be nice to be fundraiser free here pretty soon.

Lastlyyy, I have applied to two out of my four college choices! I applied to the University of Pittsburgh and Ohio State...anndddd I'm also going to apply to Virgina Tech and the University of Delaware once their applications become available (which hopefully is before I leave!!). I'm happy with my college choices though. All of them have a really good International Relations/Studies program or Political Science program... But, ah! I cannot wait to be done with all of this college stress. I am glad I am getting it out of the way though, because then I won't have to deal with it much when I'm in Finland. Thankfully, my mom will be doing a lot of financial aid and scholarship business for me while I'm gone. :)

Alright, well that's enough for now!

Hyvästi nyt!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP