Seven Months In...
Well today is the last day of my winter/skiing holiday. I have been pretty busy during the break; I did something basically everyday! A couple of days I went to Helsinki. The one day we went to the Helsinki Art Museum where there was a really great photography exhibition, and then the other day I went and saw Helsinki's Contemporary Art Museum and then did some shopping. It's really nice to go to Helsinki. Sometimes Lahti begins to feel pretty small! Anyway. I also spent a lot of time with my first host family over the break. One day I went with them downhill skiing, and another day I went with them to a small indoor water park. Both days were really fun. I love skiing, but those ski lifts are so dangerous!
This weekend in Lahti there are these Salpausselän kisat, Lahti Ski Games. They have them every year. I went all day yesterday. We watched cross-country skiing and then the ski jumps. It was pretty cold... Just sitting outside for hours. Even though it was only -3 Celsius or something, but I think I had enough clothes on! The whole ski games’ happening was kind of like a fair, because although there weren’t rides or anything, there was food and different clothing and souvenir booths (and skiing). I ate some makkara, Finnish sausage, and some licorice (yum). Then after all the skiing events were over for the day we watched the fireworks. It was a nice day.
Other than all of that, not too much is new. I have been in Finland for roughly seven months, which I can hardly believe... Meaning that I only have four months left. It's going to be so hard to leave the life I have here. Time is really going by too fast, but I am trying to enjoy every moment.
On a happy note, I am so excited for spring in Finland. I am ready for the snow to melt! It has been here for four months! Hopefully soon!
Moikka!

0 comments:
Post a Comment