Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Finally Spring...

Well, everything has been really great lately... Quite busy too. Last weekend (well, the weekend before last weekend) my host family took me with them to Porvoo. Porvoo is a small, old city situated on a river, and is quite near to Helsinki. We walked around, visited old shops, cafés, and churches, and then saw an art museum in another city near Lahti. Porvoo was a really nice city. All of the city's buildings are really old and made of wood. It was pretty.


This past weekend I changed host families. I am back with my first host family, because my fourth host family couldn't host me. It is really nice though since I already know them and I don't have to start all over again with a new family. This host family is really great. They are super nice, and I like having three younger host siblings. I think it would have been better if the Rotary would have given me only three host families, instead of four. Three families is really the perfect amount in my opinion. You get to see three ways of life and you still become really close to your families... And it is always nice to change after a few months and experience something different. I am really lucky and thankful for the families I have had. They have shown me so much of Finland and have treated me so kindly.

Also, I took my Finnish language test a couple of weeks ago. It was held in the ''college'' where I take my Finnish lessons. I think it went rather well. There were five parts: reading, writing, grammar, listening, and speaking. We get the results in a couple of months.. But I think I did well :) It was fairly easy.

I also had a Rotary District Conference this past weekend. Rotary events are always so much fun! It's a shame that we really don't have them that often. The conference was in a little town near Tampere. On Saturday us exchange students visited Iittala (where they make glass), a small chocolate shop, some gift shops, then we had an evening program type of thing at the place where we were staying... On Sunday we listened to presentations by Rotary members, ate lunch, and then headed home. I was so tired when I got home, only running on 3 hours of sleep :P It was a really great weekend though. Rotary exchange students are the best.

I started my new classes in school. They have been pretty good so far... Pretty challenging sometimes. This period in school, which is also the last period, I am taking English, Math, Geography, Religion, and Psychology. I remember starting the first period in school... And now I have started the last. It's funny to think of how much has changed since then.. How confused and slightly afraid I was..haha. Now I know my city and I finally understand my school. Everything is just good at this point of time.

Spring is also here.. Which is an amazing thing. It's been sunny and beautiful outside. It even reached 60 degrees Fahrenheit one day!

Well. I think I will end this here. I am really looking forward to the rest of my exchange, and am hoping each day that time will slow down..

Moikka! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP